Since National Electrical Safety Month is nearly over, we take this opportunity to thank you for making TrickleStar's Tier 1 Advanced Power Strip ("APS") the best-selling and safest APS on the market.
With so many of us now working from home because of the COVID-19 pandemic, having a safe advanced powerstrip is now more important than ever!
Here are some best practices for you and your customers to keep in mind when dealing with power strips, surge protectors, and advanced power strips collectively referred to hereafter as "PowerStrips":
- Don't overload PowerStrips and never "daisy chain" them together or plug them into an extension cord. A PowerStrip must be plugged directly into a grounded receptacle in order to comply with UL safety regulations.
- Ensure your electrical outlets are properly grounded. If they aren't, consider contacting an electrical contractor for resolution. Poorly or ungrounded outlets will result in PowerStrips being unable to protect your devices from electrical surges.
- Do not use PowerStrips with aquariums and avoid installing a PowerStrip under window. Windows often leak during heavy rain, and water entering a PowerStrip is never a good thing.
- Ensure that PowerStrips are UL approved.
- Ensure that PowerStrips have a resettable circuit breaker and spend a little extra to get a PowerStrip with additional safety features. Remember all PowerStrips are not equal - even though they may look similar. Safety features is usually the reason why some PowerStrips are $3.99 and some are $49.99.
- If a PowerStrip or outlet ever crackles or has a 'wobbly' connection, immediately cease using it and get it replaced immediately.
Not all PowerStrips are equal. TrickleStar Advanced PowerStrips are the market leader with unparalleled safety and quality. TrickleStar products features numerous, industry-leading innovations to maximize safety and minimize risk for Utilities, Efficiency Programs, Program Implementers, Contractors, and most importantly - your customers.
Production batch coding, product serial numbers, and detailed factory component-use records ensure traceability.